Due to Governor Ever’s Emergency Order “Safer at Home” the jail lobby has been locked down effective March 25, 2020 until May 26, 2020 or until a superseding order is issued.
Due to this order, jail operations have changed. Further changes can be found in the FAQ section and are marked with an asterisk (*) .
- The Jail lobby doors are locked.
- We are recommending the public to CALL 920-683-4228. Follow the phone tree to get your questions answered.
- If you come down to the jail, you will need to “Ring Bell for Service” between the entry doors. It is clearly marked with a red sign.
- The officers will speak with you through the intercom.
- Professional non-contact visits will be allowed in as they are essential business (Attorney, Probation Agent, Officer).
- Public wishing to deposit money on the kiosk for inmates will be allowed in to do.
- On-site visiting (using lobby kiosks) is suspended.
- Family and friends can visit 7 days/week from the website at the reduced rate of .25/minute.
- You may further stay in contact through the website by sending SMS/Emails/picture mail.
- You may deposit funds onto an inmates account online.
- You may write a letter to an inmate through the USPS. Address to the inmate using our address 1025 S 9th St. Manitowoc, WI 54220
- Securus Technology (phone company) has granted all inmates (2) free 15 minute calls/week starting Friday, March 27, 2020.
- No DNA or fingerprints will be taken.
- If you are reporting in to jail to serve a sentence within the next 30 days – see the FAQ’s.
We operate the Manitowoc County Jail with trained professionals who work to create a safe, secure environment for the employees, the incarcerated, and the community.
We utilize Policy's and Procedure's, Administrative Codes, State Statutes, and the United States Constitution to safeguard the rights of victims of wrongdoing, our employees, and those in our custody.
We strive to return offenders to the community better equipped to make positive choices as contributing members of society. We intend to accomplish this by offering educational and work opportunities and correcting poor behavior through a structured jail environment and classification system.
We welcome progressive change and work as a team to complete our daily responsibilities.
We envision a safer community and facility by providing services through partnerships with other agencies and organizations.
We will provide a quality service and treat everyone with dignity and respect, no matter the provocation or reason for incarceration.